Friday, January 25, 2008

My new Laptop!

I decided it was time. I had to grow up and buy myself a laptop. Thanks to my sister who was kind enough to lend me some of her money(well really my mom) , and Gavin who has pitched in some money as my Bday present.
I ordered it in the US because I got a kick ass deal! I asked Jay, Scott and Gavin for some advice and this is what I end up purchasing. I hope you 'geeks' approve of this laptop. I am having it shipped to Jay so....JAY give it back, k?!

Specs
------------------------------------------------------------------
1 222-9693 XPS M1330, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500
(2.2GHz/800MhzFSB, 4M L2 Cache) $1204.33
1 310-9240 Matte Black Casing XPS M1330 $0.00
1 311-7638 3GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm $0.00
1 320-5583 13.3 Inch Wide Screen WXGA TL WLED Backlit LCD with Camera,
XPS M1330 $0.00
1 320-5603 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, for XPS M1330 $0.00
1 341-6242 160G 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor $0.00
1 420-6813 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, English $0.00
1 420-6436 Vista, PC-Restore, Dim/Insp $0.00
1 463-2282 Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon
after system set-up to access $0.00
1 420-7387 DELL RESOURCE DVD,BACK-UP XPS-M1330 $0.00
1 412-0946 Dell Travel ExpressCard Remote Control, IR $0.00
1 310-9246 Creative Earbud EP630 $0.00
1 420-7622 DELL SUPPORT CENTER 2.0 $0.00
1 430-2600 Integrated 10/100 Network Card $0.00
1 313-5361 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive for XPSM1330 $0.00
1 313-4783 Integrated High Definition Audio 2.0 $0.00
1 430-2577 Intel 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini Card $0.00
1 461-8389 No Virus Protection Requested $0.00
1 312-0562 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery, for XPS M1330 $0.00
1 950-3339 3 Year Limited Warranty $0.00
1 986-3557 LoJack Theft Recovery Service - 1 Year $49.99
1 410-1196 Adobe Pepe,English $0.00
1 310-9273 Fingerprint Reader $0.00
1 430-2566 Dell Wirless 355 Bluetooth Module (2.0+EDR) $10.68
1 310-5408 Free Recycling Kit $0.00
1 320-5771 Slim and Light LCD with TuxedoBlack Casing and Camera XPS M1330 $0.00
1 310-9348 Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor $0.00
1 310-8628 You have chosen a Windows Vista Premium System $0.00
1 600-0001 State Environmental Fee for display less than 15 inches $6


Sub-Total : $1454.00

5 Comments:

At 1/29/2008 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fumiko, just saw your site through Graces. I just go the same laptop as you but with a little more memory. I recommend the first thing you do when you get it is reformat it. So far im loving my laptop. Say hi to Grace for me.

Thad

 
At 1/30/2008 2:28 PM , Blogger *fumiko* said...

Thaddex..... of course.....you do know me right?!! Gavin is going to reformat it so that is covered. I didn't think i would be needing more memory then what's been provided, but i guess you must do alot of work on! I am really glad to hear that some one like the laptop that i got so i am very exicted! can't wait to have it shipped to me in Japan!

 
At 1/30/2008 2:33 PM , Blogger SWong said...

Is the box supposed to rattle when we shake it? It's probably nothing. Nevermind.

 
At 1/30/2008 2:57 PM , Blogger *fumiko* said...

funny, scott!

 
At 1/30/2008 6:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fumiko, Yes I know you, did you forget me already..haha. If you did ask Grace, she'll refresh your memory. Yeah I opt for 4 GB ram, but so far i only been using barely over 3 gigs. I should have not got the extra gig and added the SSD, i heard its screaming fast!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home