今日海を見に行ってきた。とても天気が良く、すごくリフレッシュした気分で一日を過ごした。
渋滞に巻き込まれてもあまりストレスを感じなかったもの、そのおかげであろう。
私は前の職場の獣医さんがPoint Reyes のあたりで家を持っていて、彼女の犬の面倒を見たのがきっかけにそこに足を運んだ。とてもきれいで「本当に心が安らげるところだ」って事が一番の印象だった。
今回2回目でまた同じ感覚を味わったため、「ここに家があったらな~」と考え始めた。もちろん家がほしいわけではないが、小さなコテージぐらいだったら週末に来れる距離なので「いいんじゃ?」と想像を運転しながら膨らませていった。PointReyesはBay Area から車で約1時間弱っと行ったところにある。もしスポーツカーなんかを持っている人なら楽しいドライブになるのは間違いなし。あんまり事故りそうな所もなく、トヨタのおんぼろでも40mphでコナーを曲がれるぐらいの緩やかなカーブばっかり。車の窓を開けてドライブすると、海岸にたどりつく少し前までは菜の花のいい香りが車の中に充満する。Point Reyes の海岸のうち車で直接いける海岸は2つあって、でも今日行ったのは少し歩かないと海岸に出れないところに行ってみた。やっぱり少し歩かないといけないところには人はあんまりいなく、一人楽しくお昼ごはんを食べた。私は海育ちではないが、とても海が好きらしい。なぜか海を見ると元気になる。最近嫌な事や、ちょっと落ち込んでいたことがスーっとなくなるのがわかるくらい、元気をくれる唯一の場所だ。
そんな場所に家をもてたらどんなにすてきだろう?って考えているとやっぱり将来のことを思ってしまう。これから先どうなるのか、獣医学校に受かるのだろうか、日本に永久帰国するのだろうか、とかがぐるぐる回っていった。やっぱりいつかは家を持ち、落ち着いた生活をしたい。でも、今それを考えると選択肢があまりにもありすぎて、どうなるかって事だけで不安を抱く。でも、それを今心配したって仕方のないことだから、今日はいい一日だって!って思えただけでも幸せな一日でした。
I went to a beach today. The weather was nice, so I spent an refreshing day. (can I say that in English…?) Because I had such a nice time, even the drive home in the traffic didn’t bother me at all.
I’ve been to Point Reyes before because one of the veterinarian I used to work at my previous job had a house around there. Last time I was there, I felt at home. This time around, I felt the same. I thought about buying a home at Point Reyes area. I don’t want to buy a house right now, but if I had a little cottage that I can come and relax for a weekend, wouldn’t that be super nice? I couldn’t stop thinking about it while I was driving around. Point Reyes is only less than 1 hour away from the bay area. The driver is more fun if you have a sports car. Even my little beat up Toyota had fun going around curves at 40mph. What’s nice is that if you have the window rolled down, the smell of mustard flowers fills the entire car until you reach the beach. At PR, there are 2 beaches you can get to by car. The one I went to today, I had to walk a little. Because you had to walk, not many people were there. I was able to enjoy lunch with the whole beach all to myself. I don’t know what it is about the ocean, but it has miracle powers. I didn’t grow up around beaches, but something about them makes me forget all my worries and problems. I started to think “wouldn’t be cool a have a house around here?” but then that made me think about my future. What am I doing? Am I going to vet school? Am I going back to Japan for good? The ideas kept circling in my head. One of these days I would like to settle down and have a steady job and a home. But the way it looks right now seems like life can go in any direction. Just the fact I have so much choices makes me worry. Anyhow, either way, just worrying about it isn’t going to solve anything. The fact I had a wonderful day is enough to keep me happy (for the next few weeks).
4 Comments:
Point Reyes is one of my fav places!
did u go to the oyster farm?
選択肢を多く持つというのは、先人の夢だったのに、実際持ってみると。。。ってやつだねぇ
。。。なんかお姉ちゃんってロマンチストだったのね!そこ行ってみたいな☆
当たり前のことだけど、日本語上手ですよ
I had my web browser rather small, and not knowing there would be English down below I read this whole post in Japanese. I must say, I'm a little surprised. Who are you and what did you do with my wife?? My wife thinks of nothing but cats and cleaning the house. The person who wrote this likes beaches and quiet time and nature and stuff... and sounds all... romantical.
By the way. Also for the first time I thought it might be fun to get to know you in Japanese because you sound very different from the way you sound in English.
dude, i don't think she sounds ロマンチック just because she's using Japanese... or maybe you're right.
but what if these are all her subconscious desires.... beaches, houses, settling down(=BABIES)...?? Using Japanese kinda made her feel confident about her true feelings and she opened it up
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home